Majority of American households and businesses have HVAC units installed in them. Moreover, it is the most expensive piece of appliance in a household or business.
However, without proper cleaning and maintenance, a HVAC unit may endanger your life. Plus, it can also increase energy bill cost or have a complete breakdown.
Besides, maintenance costs are much lesser than investing into a new HVAC unit. So, it is important to know how to maintain HVAC unit. This blog focuses on steps required to maintain HVAC unit.
Steps of HVAC Unit Maintenance Process
HVAC units need regular maintenance to work smoothly. Also, it is best to hire a professional HVAC specialist to do the maintenance.
Following are the steps of HVAC unit maintenance process:
- Shut off the power of the HVAC unit before you start the maintenance process.
- Remove the fan cage with the help of a screwdriver from the exterior of the compressor or condenser. Then, with the help of a vacuum machine, clean off the area.
- Use brush attachment on the vacuum to remove dust and debris sticking on the exteriors. Then use a garden hose and gently clean off the fins present inside.
- Straighten out the fins to improve efficiency of air flow in the HVAC unit.
- Clean out the area surrounding the HVAC unit. Cut off the bushes and vegetation around the area to ensure nothing disrupts the path of air flow.
- Level the condenser or compressor unit to prevent it from functioning properly.
- Clear the dust from the evaporator coil with the help of a soft brush and coil cleaner.
- Also, clean out the drain pan with soap, hot water, and with little bleach.
- Change the filter of the HVAC unit twice a year- once before the fall season and once before the winter season.
- In case you live in a very dusty area, clean the filter more often.
Get Your HVAC Unit Serviced And Maintained Today!
For a safer and secure home, get your HVAC unit serviced and maintained with Castle Rock Heating and Air near Castle Rock area. Our team of HVAC specialists has over 20 years of experience in cleaning and maintaining HVAC units.
Trust to deliver top-notch quality service and resolve any HVAC problems you may have. Call us at (303) 798 0035 to schedule an appointment with us. You can also book us via Facebook.